Pictures of the new Heckler and Koch rifle is showing up all over the net. Designated as the HK433, the new H&K rifle is developed for the German military. Some sources claim that the HK433 has features came from both the G36 and the HK416. The HK443 will be cheaper than both of those older H&K models.
Externally the new HK 433 resembles the FN SCAR, ACR, Beretta ARX100 and the CZ 805/806 with its forward charging handle and monolithic upper with continuous top rail.
The side-folder stock has both adjustable cheek piece and collapsible length. That’s the HKey modular inferface on the handguard. The controls seems to has a HK416 magazine release, a traditional H&K style selector, and the button at the front of the trigger guard should be the bolt release. All three of those buttons are duplicated on the left side of the receiver for fully ambidextrous weapon control.
This image shows the HK433 with a suppressor mounted. The forward folding charging handle reminded me the one found on the old H&K G3. Unlike the G3, the HK433’s charging handle could be mounted on either side. From the look of it, the HK433 should has a metal trunnion for its barrel.
– Modular and light construction. Compact dimensions.
– Barrel length individually configurable. Simple end-user level barrel change.
– Completly ambidextrous manipulation for right and left handed shooters.
– Non reciprocating charging handle with integrated forward assist. Switchable w/o tools.
– Lower receiver with amidextrous manipulation for G36 and HK416 users.
– Drop safe according to AC225/D14 with and w/o applied safety.
– Upper receiver with full length STANAG rail in 12 o’clock position. Hand guard with Hkey interface on 3 and 9 o’clock position. Picatinny rail on 6 o’clock position.
– Length adjustable folding stock with height adjustable cheek weld. Weapon also usable with stock folded.
– Optional receiver integrated maintenance free shot counter.
– Tool less disassembly / assembly of major components.
– Weapon can be set to safe in all loading conditions.
– Lots of accessories available.
– 100% made in Germany.
This sample here shows the H&K style magazine release. The selector here show the 45-degree short-throw but it’s also available in 60-degree and 90-degree.
In FDE color. The difference in the colors shows that the lower handguard is removable. I would say Geisselle is probably working on a replacement lower handgurad already.
All kit up with the H&K M320/AG36 side-loading 40mm underbarrel grenade launcher and the Hensoldt ZO 4x30mm prism sight.
The various barrel lengths for the HK433.